Kiwi Wheatbags Instructions
IMPORTANT, keep instructions with your wheat bag – READ before every use.
Not recommended for people who may have reduced awareness of temperature or feeling in their skin, eg. Diabetics, people with nerve damage, or people with impairment that prevents them recognizing they may be burnt.
It is important to carefully follow these instructions as overheating or inappropriate use may result in injury or fire.
STORAGE, CLEANING and MAINTENANCE
Make sure the wheat bag is completely cool and moisture free before storing with these instructions in a cool dry place.
Spot clean only with a damp cloth. DO NOT wash DO NOT immerse in water.
It is recommended the wheat bag be heated at least once a month for maintenance, and replaced annually.
TO USE AS A COLD COMPRESS
Place in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 45 minutes.
TO USE HEATED
1. Remove wheat bag from packaging (and if necessary, removable cover)
2. Place wheat bag in the centre of the microwave ensuring it does not obstruct the turntable. Make sure the wheat bag is flat and evenly distribute the wheat. Wheat Bag Maximum Heating Times are listed below.
3. Never heat the wheat bag for more than 1 minute at a time. If heating wheat bag for longer than one minute, shake and turn the wheat bag over after each minute of heating.
4. Remove carefully from microwave. Wheat bag will be hot after heating, handle with care.
5. Gently shake the wheat bag to evenly distribute the wheat. Check the temperature is comfortable before use.
6. Allow the wheat bag to cool completely before reheating and/or before storage on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink.
We recommend you replace your wheat bags annually.
If overheating occurs there may be a burning smell or charring and in extreme cases smoking. These all indicate that irreversible grain deterioration has occurred. Immediately place wheat bag on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink and allow to cool completely before disposing.
100% cotton wheat bags are biodegradable and compostable.
(a) DO NOT USE IF WHEAT BAG SMELLS OR LOOKS BURNT- allow to cool completely on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink then throw away.
(b) DO NOT LEAVE WHEAT BAG UNATTENDED IN MICROWAVE – in case of fire.
(c) DO NOT USE STRAIGHT FROM MICROWAVE IF TOO HOT – allow to cool down first.
(d) DO NOT USE WHEAT BAG ON ONE BODY PART FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES – continuous heat may burn.
(e) USE WITH CAUTION – wheat bags can burn skin when used incorrectly and particularly the more delicate skins of children or older people. SUPERVISE children at all times.
(f) MICROWAVE ONLY – do not heat in gas or electric oven.
(g) It is NOT RECOMMENDED to add oils or fragrances to the wheat bag – these may increase the risk of fire.
We recommend you replace your wheat bags annually
Kiwi Wheat Bags Are Proudly Made in New Zealand